Upcyclers Monthly Challenge and Tutorial on SnAkEs!!
I belong to this great team of Upcyclers. It is a wonderful team to belong to and I actually did an interview with the team leaders a few months ago on this blog. This month we started a team challenge where one person from the team picks a random item and we have to figure out what to make out of it. This month was a radio, electrical device etc.. as our item to upcycle. I choose to use my daughters cell phone charger that drives her crazy since it never charges her phone. My son helped me to design this fun snake from the cell phone charger:
Hello, I am Mr. Bouncy and I just love it when I get played with because I bounce and stretch so BIG! My son has just loved this new toy and quickly gave him his name.
Here are the items that you will need:
1. Old and broken cell phone charger
2. Recycled Corks….I got the great big one for the head from a wonderful shop on Etsy called The Wooden Bee (http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheWoodenBee)
3. Googly eyes
4. I found this set of felt at the thrift store, yeah for more recycling. You can also find amazing felt at most fabric stores that is made out of Recycled Plastic Bottles.
Then you will need the following tools:
1. Knife to cut the cork with. Please remember to always point the knife away from you and to only use it if you can use it safely without cutting yourself.
2. Scissors (same as above, don’t use if you are not going to be safe)
3. Glue gun. Please don’t burn yourself with it, it hurts like a son of a gun so only use it if you can use it safely.
First you will cut the spiral middle part out of the cell phone charger.
Then you need to cut out a tongue shape from the felt, cut a hole in the bottom of the corks to insert the cell phone charger ends into.
Then you will use your hot glue gun and put the two eyes and tongue on the head and insert the cell phone into the corks. Now you can have your own Mr. Bouncy!
- 6 Ways to Recycle Your Cell Phone (mycricket.com)
- Recycling Your Cell Phone (mycricket.com)
- Crafty: Cell Phone Charging Station From A Lotion Bottle (earthtechling.com)