There is a theme in July that some people like to celebrate….it is called….CHRISTMAS IN JULY!
I was looking at some old pictures today and found a great idea that my husband did last Christmas that I thought I would share with you all. If you get started now then you can be ready with awesome homemade and recycled gifts for everyone by December 25th!
My husband made these super cute ornaments for everyone in our family:
Since I did not make these myself there are not the usual pictures attached but it is a simple and easy project so I think you will be fine without them 🙂
1. He found some old CD’s that did not work anymore. He found a bunch of our old computer ones for games and things that were so old it was embarrassing that we still had them…lol.
2. Then he printed off some cute pictures of everyone in the family. He cut the pictures to the size of the CD and glued them on.
3. Then he hot glued a ribbon on the back of the CD so that it would become an ornament and hang in the tree so pretty. You could also get creative and find some cute material or paper and glue it over the rest of the back over the ribbon so you can not see what the CD use to be.
Have fun making these and creating a fun ornament that your family and friends will treasure for a long time to come.
As a surprise to you, use the code CHRISTMASINJULY in our Etsy shop for 10% off your order. Find us here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ourchildrensearth
- Peace on Earth: Noel Christmas Ornaments (debbiedesigns.typepad.com)
- It’s a Christmas wrap (johnlewis.com)
- Make Glue Ornaments for Christmas (education.com)