How to Make Recycled Card Board Box Mighty Machines
Do you have children that love to play with cars, trucks, airplanes, boats or any Mighty Machine? My boys LOVE these items. They can’t get enough of anything that is a vehicle and the bigger the better. So my husband and I decided to make them some HUGE ones out of recycled card board boxes. Here are some examples of what we did but the possibilities are limitless. If you can imagine it, you can create it.
Supplies needed for the ones that we created:
1. Large cardboard boxes, I find these are appliance stores. I have found that they are usually willing and wanting to get rid of these large card board boxes.
2. Cardboard tube
3. Duct Tape
4. Broken snow shovel, wooden doles
5. Spray paint in a variety of colors
Here is our finished Monster Truck:
1. Cut a hole in the two sides for the cardboard tube to go through. Put the tub through the holes.
2. Put the wooden doles in the cardboard tube pointing down to attach to a cardboard loader (see below and use your duct tape).
3. Attach the shovel handle to the tube to create a loader that can go up and down, and create lots and lots of fun for kids to use.
4. Cut a door out of the back of the cardboard box.
5. Let you kids have fun!
Here is my son driving in his Monster Truck. This is just one big box cut into this shape. The hood will open and close simply by cutting the box side to flip down. Then we painted it to look like a Monster Truck. They kids have so much fun using their imagination and driving around in this! Friends over and having a blast.
Have fun with your Recycled Card Board Boxes and let your imagination run wild with lots of fun ideas!
- Cardboard Star Destroyer (neatorama.com)
- Ideas for Repurposing Your Moving Boxes (apartmentguide.com)
- Cardboard Choo Choo Train’s Debut (gomamao.com)
- Airplane-From-a-Box (spoonful.com)