Things you will need:
1. Enough Mason jars (or old glass jars from jam, spaghetti sauce etc..) for all of your nuts, grains, flours, snacks or whatever items you want to put into them.
2. Get old toys that will fit on the lids of the jars you are using. I found the kids old animals but you could use anything: old superheros, blocks, legos, letters…the possibilities are limitless.
3. Paint so you can make all of your animals match. You could leave them the way they are also….your house, your style, your decision on what works best. Oh and you might want to wash them before you paint them.
4. Glue to attach the animals to your jars. I used my glue gun on this and would recommend using another glue since they can be knocked off on occasion.
5. Set your jars out and see the smiles on peoples faces when they look at them!
Here we go:
Do your children have a room full of toys? Why not upcycle some of them into super cool things and help them clean their room faster at the same time. Here are some of the toys that my amazing sons donated to this cause:
I have been using Mason jars to store my grains, nuts, flours etc in for the last few years. So I did not have to collect any I just used the ones I already had.
Then I took the animals outside (in the snow..lol) and painted them all silver.
I liked how they looked before but after I added the animals to them I was like WOW…these are awesome now!
I like how the variety of sizes makes them all unique looking. I also love the silver and how it works together with the lids.
I cannot remember where I saw this idea originally but have searched my magazines and pintrest….no luck. If I do ever find where it came from I will come and post thie info here. I just remember seeing a picture of these and LOVED them! Have fun using your imagination with this easy project!
- Upcycled Decor: DIY Stained Mason Jars (ecosalon.com)
- Trendspotting: The Mighty Mason Jar (zazzle.com)
- Repurpose junk into toys (nourishednuggets.com)
- DIY Photo Jar Album (bellesofbeirut.wordpress.com)