I was nominated for the Best Blog award by Marelibu Design (https://www.facebook.com/marelibuDesign). Thank you very much for the nomination.
The questions I got asked are:
1. How did you start sewing?
I started to sew when I was little with my Mom and Grandmother. I also took a sewing class in Jr High.
2. Which sewing machine(s) do you use?
I love, love, LOVE my old vintage Singer Sewing machine. The hubby also got me a new serger for Christmas and it is amazing!
3. Do you use sewing patterns or do you create patterns on your own?
I create my own patterns depending on the material and color combinations for most of the items I make. I do use a pattern for my sweater mittens and mukluks.
4. Cutting fabrics: fun or necessary evil?
I love to cut it and figure out how to make all the different recycled material work together. I actually enjoy this more then the sewing together.
5. Which kind of materials do you use? New or recycled?
Recycled mostly. I love to find vintage fabrics at the thrift store.
6. Which is your favorite selfmade work piece?
I have to admit that I kept my favorite jacket that I made. It is red with a beautiful tribal pattern through out it. I was making it to sell but I just fell in love and had to keep it.
7. For whom do you love sewing most?
My children. I love when they come and help give me ideas for things that they want me to make for them.
8. What is the perfect holiday?
I love Halloween. I like dressing up and hanging out with the family. I love to decorate the house.
9. What makes you laugh?
Funny friends and family are the best. I love it when I laugh so hard my tummy hurts and I have tears in my eyes.
10. Risk or safety?
Both, I think there is an appropriate time for both.
11. Which is the most beautiful season and why?
I love the Fall. I love the colors and the slight chill in the air. I like to harvest the yummy veggies and fruit and of course wear sweaters!
The rules are:
1. thank you / blogger / the dearest award has nominated for you and link his blog / page in your article.
2. answer 11 questions, the blogger who has nominated you, provided you.
3. nominate 5 to 11 other bloggers for the love award, the fewer than 1,000 Facebook followers.
4. putting together a new list of 11 questions for your nominated bloggers.
5. write these rules in your favorite award blog article.
6. inform the nominated bloggers on your blog
My nominations are: Erica Kathleen, Monique Lundstedt, Ingrid’s photography, The Wooden Bee and Junk Gypsies.
My questions for you are:
1. What is the name of your blog?
2. What is your blog about?
3. What items do you make?
4. What brings you joy?
5. What are your other social media sites?
6. Do you sell items at a store?
7. Do you sell items on line?
8. What is your favorite items that you have made?
9. What is your favorite color and why?
10. Who inspires you?
11. If you could have lunch with anyone, alive or dead, who would it be and why?